Conservation South Africa
Conservation South Africa (CSA) is a local affiliate of Conservation International and committed to helping societies adopt a more sustainable approach to development, one that improves human well-being through the conservation of healthy ecosystems and the goods and services they provide.
CSA seeks to appoint a Monitoring and Evaluation Manager, to be based in Cape Town.
Duration: 3-year contract
Salary: R 40 000. 00 per month
This position involves direct support to the CSA Research and Technical Support programme by measuring the impact of CSA interventions, where management skills are required and further development as an academic is encouraged.
- Manage an online platform and survey that captures quarterly data across CSA landscapes
- Train, mentor and manage monitoring officers submitting data to the survey
- Gather remote sensing data not captured via the survey, including normalized difference vegetation index and fractional cover
- Conduct and enable staff to conduct socio-ecological surveys as needed in the field
- Explore ways to streamline workflows for monitoring staff and documents
- Communicate MERL results internally, and externally as needed
- Support the Research Director to capture, process, interpret and present quarterly monitoring data in the form of a report and all-staff webinar
- Support the Research Director to host bi-annual Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) workshops for adaptive management
- Co-author a grazing toolkit with the Herding for Health and Research Directors by collating existing research
- Relevant MSc. or PhD degree in relevant science discipline
- Proficiency in software such MS Excel, ArcGIS / QGIS and R
- Management skills as evidenced by training and or experience
- Written and presentation skills in English
- Valid driver’s license (code EB) with off-road experience
- Familiarity with one or more biomes where we work (grassland, shrubland, savanna)
- Ability to communicate in one or more languages Afrikaans / isiXhosa/ Tsonga/ Sepedi
- Flexibility to travel across South Africa to CSA landscapes and internationally as required
- Open standards experience would be advantageous
To apply, submit your CV, with contact details of 3 referees and a cover letter to email@example.com, using the reference CSA-SCI-MERL.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Short-listed candidates will be asked to perform a skills test and attend an interview as part of the selection process.
Candidates who have received no response within 14 days of the closing date, should kindly assume that their application was unsuccessful.
CSA reserves the right not to fill this position.
For more about Conservation South Africa, refer to www.conservation.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies