Cornerstone Institute is an independent, not-for-profit higher education institution engaged in teaching and learning in service of others, to advance human dignity and social justice for all.
Cornerstone seeks to appoint an Online Learning Technologist, to be based in Cape Town.
The purpose of this position is to be responsible for the professional and effective management of Funda, Cornerstone’s online learning platform, and the training of users on the system.
- Lead in the maintenance and development of Cornerstone Institute’s online learning systems, beyond the use of Funda
- Coach lecturers and students on the use of Funda, including but not limited to:
- Orientating and training lecturers and students on the use of the online learning platform and related software(including the development of relevant material)
- Providing ongoing assistance for lecturers and the Students Services department wit various software and online platform related issues
- Providing ongoing development of best practice in relation to the online platform and related software
- Attending to helpdesk/ad hoc queries
- Work as part of the online teaching and learning team to ensure and improve the overall quality of online learning at Cornerstone Institute.
- Manage Funda (Sakai), the online academic platform, including, but not limited to:
- Setting up sites for lecturers
- Creating and maintain users
- Facilitating the transfer of grades from Funda to the Registrar
- Assisting with maintaining content on Funda
- Liaise with the Admissions Officer and HR department regarding the addition of new users to Funda.
- Assist the Online Learning and Teaching Specialist with other online learning tasks.
- Assist IT in maintaining updates and upgrades on the operating system (Linux) platform.
- Relevant NQF Level 7 qualification (NQF Level 8 would be a distinct advantage)
- Relevant experience in online learning systems, training (online and in person) and administrative and technical services
- Experience with the Sakai Virtual Learning Environment would be a distinct advantage (Funda).
- Experience with working with Turnitin
- Working knowledge of Html and Linux (any distribution) would be a distinct advantage
- Working knowledge of the South African Higher Education Environment
- Ability to train and help people from varying technological backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with all levels of the Cornerstone Institute community.
- An enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with the ability to work autonomously or in a team in a pressurised environment
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate others
- Ability to think creatively and explore new technologies that could aid in achieving CI’s mission and vision
- High Level of organisational skills.
- Ability to problem solve, multitask and to maintain confidentiality
To apply, submit your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com
In your covering letter please outline your suitability for the post, notice period and salary requirements.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only applicants in South Africa, Cape Town will be considered.
Cornerstone hopes to get back to all applications, however If you have not heard from us within six weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about Cornerstone Institute, refer to Cornerstone.ac.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies