Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered nonprofit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
DTHF seeks to appoint a Financial Accountant, to be based in Cape Town.
The purpose of the Financial Accountant is to provide appropriate financial supervising, processing and support services to the stakeholders’ managers and general staff within the operational units in accordance with DTHF requirements, policy and procedures.
Duration: Two year fixed term contract
- Manage financial accounting activities for business operations
- Prepare, submit and review financial reports
- Ensure financial records comply with company policies and accounting principles
- Prepare budgets (for the entire company and by department)
- Supervise and assist the finance team
- Comply with relevant IFRS reporting requirements
- Maintain internal controls
- Review Financial Records and Transactions
- Deal with TAX / SARS Issues
- Organise company books and records in preparation for annual and project audits
- Degree, Diploma or Certificate in Accounting
- Minimum of three to five years’ working experience in a similar role;
- Minimum of one to years’ experience in team supervision
- Knowledge of financial practice
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures
- Working knowledge of relevant computer application SAP Business1
- Knowledge of DATA management and financial data analysis
- Knowledge of relevant financial legislations and regulatory requirements
- Computer literacy: SAP R/3 or Business ONE, Microsoft Office (highly proficient in Excel)
- Verbal and written communication
- Planning and organising skills
- An analytical mind
- Ability to develop strong interpersonal relationships
- Information collating and monitoring skills
- Deadline-orientated and an ability to stick to time constraints
- Attention to detail
- Problem analysis and solving skills
- Work standards
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Values fit: Passion, Innovation, Progress, Integrity, Respect and Excellence
To apply, quote Job reference, submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of three (3) current contactable referees to: Attention HR Manager Jobs@hiv-research.org.za, Job reference: #DTHF/C052
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only online applications submitted via our job portal will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is committed to equity in our employment practices.
It is Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
I understand and accept that, by applying for this role, I authorise Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation in its capacity as employer, to access my personal information stored, and to utilise said information for recruitment purposes for this role.
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position, attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date, consider your application as unsuccessful.
For more about the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za