SANCCOB Table View centre in Cape Town seeks an Education Supervisor to manage the organisation’s education department, which includes overseeing pop-up shops, educational exhibitions, engaging public tours and to maintain development of the volunteer programme.
- Offer quality educational programmes for both children and adults.
- Develop and conduct interactive public tours of the SANCCOB facility. Train education staff and volunteers to assist with tours.
- Develop new programmes, learning material and activities that are in line with SANCCOB’s mission.
- Grow educational income by identifying new funding opportunities and assisting the Resource Development Manager to write applications.
- Network with personnel in the field of environmental education at other environmental education institutions.
- Provide leadership to the education team, guiding them towards methods of best teaching practice and professional conduct.
- Assist with the preparation of the education department’s annual budget and manage it effectively.
- Manage inventories of all the education department equipment and ensure that systems are in place to take care of all the equipment.
- Produce monthly reports and statistics.
- Coordinate all logistical arrangements for the programmes according to programme specifications (bus, lunch, etc.).
- Prepare programme budgets, demographic information and assist with donor report-backs.
Curio Shop and online shop
- Grow the shop income both on-site and on-line by sourcing cost-effective and desirable merchandise.
- Manage stock control.
- Manage the point of sale system (Vend).
- Provide pop-up shops at schools, markets and festivals.
Simon’s Town Penguin Festival
- Work with SANCCOB staff and external partners to coordinate the annual Simon’s Town Penguin Festival.
Oversee the running of the SANCCOB volunteer programme including the following:
- Ensure sufficient volunteers are available and utilised effectively to support SANCCOB’s capacity requirements.
- Ensure volunteers are managed effectively and enjoy their volunteering time at SANCCOB.
- Ensure the development and growth of the volunteer programme.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Volunteer Coordinator.
The successful candidate will be required to complete the necessary bird training for ambassador bird handling.
- Strong people management and development skills with the ability to motivate and lead employees.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (ability to do so in more than one language would be advantageous).
- Strong programme development skills.
- Planning capabilities and the ability to work against strict deadlines.
- Passion for wildlife conservation and preservation.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Able to work on weekends.
- Minimum 5 years’ working experience.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Valid Code 8 driver’s license.
Applications from South African residents are invited
Please send your CV (max. 3 pages) with contactable referees and a letter of motivation for attention of the Business Manager at email@example.com
Management will not accept telephonic applications and will only correspond with applicants chosen for interviews.