Institute for Justice and Reconciliation
The IJR seeks to appoint an Administrator, to be based in Cape Town.
The purpose of the Administrator is to who provide effective and efficient administrative support to heads of departments and project leaders of assigned projects.
- Document project planning
- File project-related documentation
- Inform team-members of administrative requirements (e.g. bookkeeping)
- Assist with project M&E documentation
- Keep track of and document project expenditure
- Process payments on time
- Stay informed of project developments and outcomes
Travel and Logistics
- Pro-actively handle travel arrangements for project teams, other IJR staff and external delegations
- Pro-actively handle any interventions logistics (costing, invitations, RSVPs, reservations, hiring)
- Update database of participants at the variety of interventions
- Negotiate rates with service providers
- Effectively communicate with participants and IJR partners
General Administrative Assistance
- Assist at IJR staff functions and events, as required
- Take over relief reception duties, as required
- Know and use IJR platforms and tools (e.g. O-drive, Sharepoint, Groove)
- Matric or recognised equivalent
- Three to five years’ experience providing administrative support.
- User-knowledge of office software packages
- Secretarial skill and experience
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to use initiative and judgement
- Organisational skills
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
To apply, submit your application to Felicia Thomas: FThomas@ijr.org.za
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Applications without the relevant documentation will not be considered.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applicants from South Africa and other African countries are encouraged to apply.
Applicants should at the time of application be in possession of documentation that allow them to work in South Africa.
Should you not hear from hear from us within 14 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about the Institute for Justice and Reconciliation, refer to www.ijr.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies