CREATE is a nonprofit organisation (NPO) based in Pietermaritzburg, the capital of KwaZulu-Natal province (KZN) in South Africa. CREATE focuses on advocacy for disability rights, community-based rehabilitation (CBR) and disability inclusive development in its broadest sense.
CREATE seeks to appoint a Managing Director, to be based in Pietermaritzburg.
Start date: 1 February 2019
- Strategic leadership
- Financial and project management of the organization
- Fund-raising, grant and report writing
- Human resource management and governance, as well as some direct project work
- Relevant degree in the field of Healthcare, Disability, Community Development or similar
- Formal qualification in financial management or accounting, human resources
- Knowledge of national and international legislation, policy developments and state and other actors relevant to the sector
- Previous experience with grant management and writing of grant/funding proposals
- Experience of rural disability practice and community-based rehabilitation (CBR) in South African or in a similar resource-constrained context
- Management experience in NGO sector, including human resources (hr), finance, fundraising and project management
- Leadership and communication skills
- Appropriate skills and experience for managing staff living with disability
- Writing skills in English
- Computer literacy
- Valid driver’s license
- Fluency in isiZulu
To apply , submit your CV to Secretary CREATE Board: email@example.com
Enquiries can be directed to Mrs Peta Diack on 082 879 0197
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application -NGO Pulse Portal
CREATE reserves the right to accept late applications or to extend the closing date in order to facilitate further searches.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.