Youth Development Institute of South Africa (YDISA)
The Youth Development Institute of South Africa (YDISA) is a Johannesburg-based organisation that undertakes youth development research, knowledge dissemination and advocacy to inform and shape policy, programmes and related initiatives aimed at amplifying the full participation of the youth in all sectors of society.
YDISA seeks to employ three Research Interns, to be based at Auckland Park, Johannesburg.
Duration: 12 months
The purpose of this opportunity is to equip graduates with experiential learning.
- Undertake research on issues such as youth unemployment and entrepreneurship
- Read and synthesise books, articles and documents on youth development issues
- Generate articles and reports for website and varied media outlets
- Assist in organising relevant workshops, seminars and launch events
- Attending relevant workshops, seminars and events
- Other research and related tasks relevant to this position
- Bachelors degree in social sciences, humanities or other relevant degree applicable to the internship opportunity
- Research and writing skills
- Work ethic, accountability and reliability
- Ability to work under supervision within a dynamic team environment
- Record keeping and organisational skills
- Computer Literacy: Microsoft Office
- Historically disadvantaged applicants are strongly encouraged to apply
To apply, submit a one-page letter of motivation, a two-page CV and names of two references, indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
YDISA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies