Masicorp works with the people of Masiphumelele, as well as key partners, offering opportunities through education helping individuals to uplift themselves out of poverty and work towards a sustainable livelihood. Focusing on the township of Masiphumelele (a community of between 40 000 and 50 000 people), Masicorp runs various education and skills development programmes for this community as a route out of poverty. The focus is on ECD initiatives for children aged 0-6, Maths, Science and English Learning Labs at Primary School Level, High School Maths & Science, Tertiary Education support, Community and School Sports Development, and Adult skills development programmes.
Masicorp seeks to appoint a Fundraising Assistant, to be based in Cape Town.
The purpose of the position is to assist the Fundraising Team in an administrative and research capacity.
Start Date: 1 February 2019
Duration: 1 year
- Capture and update donor and donation data into Database
- Tracking/setting reminders for funding dates reports due
- Various general admin including thank you letters or tax certificates
- Assist with online research for funding opportunities
- Coordination of Volunteer group visits to Masicorp projects
- Communication with project leaders and guests
- Accompany the volunteer group on their visit to the projects
- Admin: payments, thanking, upkeep of the volunteer database
Assisting fundraising team where necessary with various PR and communications activities (social media, blog, newsletters etc)
- Previous admin or communications work experience
- Experience in the NPO sector or fundraising will be advantageous
- Passion for education and a positive attitude
- Comfortable to accompany and host guests touring the projects based in Masiphumelele
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English essential
- Attention to detail and highly organised
- Valid driver’s license and own vehicle
- Computer literacy essential
To apply, submit a CV, covering letter and contact details of at least two referees to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the outcome of the application process.
For more about Masicorp, visit www.masicorp.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies