Girls and Boys Town South Africa
Established in 1958, Girls and Boys Town (GBT) is a national nonprofit organisation that runs proven and successful programmes to strengthen vulnerable youth. Through a combination of interventions, we on average, assist between 16 000 to 20 000 beneficiaries a year. GBT core focus is to remove the obstacles and barriers that prevent children from finding their light and helping them to Shine.
Girls and Boys Town seeks to appoint a Youth Development Manager (YDM), to be based in Western Cape.
This position requires a special, dynamic and innovative individual who will be responsible and accountable for the day to day management of the Macassar Youth Development Centre as well as two family homes located in Kenilworth and Claremont.
- Manage and administer the facility in compliance with acceptable organisational policies/procedures, the Children’s Act no 38 0f 2005 and its regulations
- Demonstrate functional financial management skills and can implement the procedures, practices and controls prescribed by the Chief Financial Officer
- Develop and manage budgets for the different campuses and ensure that expenses stay within budget guidelines
- Attend to all administrative duties – business plans, various reports, consultation feedback, performance appraisals etc.
- Assist in the development of written publications and other documents
- Supervise the Senior Social worker, Senior Child and Youth Care Worker, Professional Nurse, Support Service Manager and Education Manager
- Liaise and engage with other Girls and Boys Town divisions
- Develop staff in a cohesive team with him or herself as leader ensuring that all Girls and Boys Town models are being implemented
- Ensure the completion of treatment plans and individual development plans within prescribed timelines
- Act as the frontline manager in managing consumer grievances
- Engage in regional network activities
- Introduce, organise and facilitate development training for staff
- Do duty by the Girls and Boys Town holiday camp according to a duty roster
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work and Registration with the Council for Social and Associated Workers
- Previous experience working in a children’s home setting
- Minimum eight years’ experience in youth related work, developing clinical youth-centred treatment and Individual Development Plans
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the management, monitoring and supervision of therapeutic team members
- Code 08 driver’s licence, with own reliable transport
- Demonstrate and have a sound clinical youth-centred orientation
- Ability to implement the following models in practice: consultation, evaluation, training and administration
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions and recommend changes
- Ability to work in an environment with challenging youth
- Responsible person who is prepared to work according to the Girls and Boys Town South Africa values and who is able to live on campus
To apply, submit an abridged 2-page CV to: Head of Residential Services Coastal: E-mail: email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Note these requirements are non-negotiable only apply if you meet the criteria.
Only shortlisted applicants who meet the requirements will be contacted.
For more about Girls and Boys Town, refer to www.girlsandboystown.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies