The QuadPara Association of South Africa (QASA) is an NPO of quadriplegics and paraplegics with the vision that all quadriplegics and paraplegics will live their lives to their full potential.
QASA provides products; projects and services as well as lobby and advocacy and prevention programs to ensure the vision, mission and goals are achieved. It is well known that people with disabilities in South Africa have historically been socially and economically isolated by discriminatory attitudes and policies.
The Fundraiser will engage in fundraising and awareness for QASA. A proven record of generating donor funds to a value of at least R6-10m per annum, the incumbent will be able to expand the donor base, increase existing funds, and extend the visibility of the organisation within the business and commercial sector basis.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Developing and writing of proposals, grant/funding opportunity research, seeking opportunities and managing grant compliance and reporting
- Be to be able to identify new areas of funding and to access possible new sources of income
- Able to nurture and develop strong relationships with donors, keep them informed of actions within the organisation and to give sound reporting on donor funds to reassure them of the use of their contributions
- Ability to run the database of donors and keep accurate records of funding
- Managing/facilitating the grant application process
The National Fundraiser must have and be able to demonstrate:
- A proven track-record in fundraising, preferably in raising funds from corporates
- A minimum of 3 year’s experience in proposal writing, either and preferably in a non-profit organisation or in the commercial/corporate sector
- Experience in Marketing and PR and have been involved in developing the strategic direction of fundraising in previous positions
- Sound Marketing and Communication skills, with extensive written and verbal skills in English in order to handle grants and proposals, and to be a strong planner and organizer
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships and enduring organisational support
- Researching and approaching (national and international) FOIs (foundation, organisation and Institutions), trusts, government agencies and other bodies that could potentially make grants/donations to QASA
- Proven ability to develop and write excellent proposals
- An understanding of the local and international donors, the NGO sector and fundraising trends
- The ability to take initiative / see opportunities
- Ability to work under pressure, and willing to work after hours when faced with deadlines
- A team player who also works well independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Competent use of Microsoft Office
- Skill in use of research techniques in both print and electronic media