Girls and Boys Town South Africa
Established in 1958, Girls and Boys Town (GBT) is a national nonprofit organisation that runs proven and successful programmes to strengthen vulnerable youth. Through a combination of interventions, we on average, assist between 16 000 to 20 000 beneficiaries a year. GBT core focus is to remove the obstacles and barriers that prevent children from finding their light and helping them to Shine.
Girls and Boys Town seeks to appoint a Flexi Half-Day Female Nurse, to be based in Western Cape.
- Oversee youth health and wellness
- Implement daily nursing care routines including administration of medications
- Infections control management
- Management of emergency care for youth, assessing mental and physical status of youth and keeping management and care staff apprised of all untoward events
- Provide health education service
- Make the necessary referrals and act as an intercessor with external Medical Practitioners
- Assessment and some counselling of challenging Youth
- Drug testing
- Group work
- Report writing
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Nursing
- Registration with the Nursing Council (SANC) and a dispensing license
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the Nursing field as a generalist
- Bilingualism (an indigenous third language will be advantageous)
- Code 08 drivers’ license
- Access to own transport will be an added advantage
- Available to work flexible hours
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
To apply, submit send a CV to: Head of Residential Services Coastal: E-mail: email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Note these requirements are non-negotiable only apply if you meet the criteria.
Only shortlisted applicants who meet the requirements will be contacted.
For more about Girls and Boys Town, refer to www.girlsandboystown.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies