Institute for Justice and Reconciliation
The Institute for Justice and Reconciliation (IJR) was founded in 2000, in the wake of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission and with the purpose of building of fair, democratic and inclusive societies in Africa. IRJ is an independent organisation located at the interface between civil society and academia.
IJR seeks to appoint a Research and Policy Intern, to be based in Cape Town.
Duration: 3-month contract, Possibility of renewal
- Research assistance
- Statistical and qualitative data analysis
- Write short articles and research briefs for the Inclusive Economies, SA Reconciliation Barometer, and Afrobarometer projects
- Logistical and administrative support to programme staff
- Possession of, or in the process of completing a Masters Degree in Political Studies, Public Administration, Development Studies, Economics or a related discipline
- Research experience
- Writing skills
- Computer Literacy: Microsoft Office, SPSS an added advantage
- Ability to work independently with attention to detail
- Competency in an African language other than English & Afrikaans would be an advantage
To apply, submit your CV, a cover letter motivating your application, details of three contactable referees, and an example of a short essay or research paper (maximum of 1000 words) to Pamela Vutula, email address: PVutula@ijr.org.za , Contact Phone: 021 202 4071, using RP Intern in the subject heading.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Applications without the relevant documentation will not be considered.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applicants from South Africa and other African countries are encouraged to apply.
Applicants should at the time of application be in possession of documentation that allow them to work in South Africa.
Should you not hear from hear from us within 14 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about the Institute for Justice and Reconciliation, refer to www.ijr.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies