Jhpiego South Africa
Call for Expression of interest (EOI) by Community based organizations for demand creation of VMMC services
Jhpiego is implementing an award with funding from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to increase access to high quality voluntary medical male circumcision (VMMC) services to improve HIV prevention in several high priority districts in South Africa.
Jhpiego is calling for expression of interest from Community Based Organizations (CBOs), Faith Based Organizations (FBOs), or Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) providing either service delivery, support, communication or education on health or HIV programs in these districts of KZN and Western Cape provinces:
- eThekwini West
- King Cetshwayo
- City of Cape Town
The organization must be registered by the relevant government authorities. Organizations should demonstrate capacity to reach men between the ages of 15 and 34 years with effective behavioral change strategies and conducting social mobilization of men for VMMC services.
Applicants should also demonstrate experience working with the DOH and district health management teams, traditional leadership, work places and other relevant community stakeholders. All proposals must demonstrate clear and actionable strategies for reaching the relevant target groups with messaging to increase uptake of VMMC.
Summary of Award Criteria
- CBOs, FBOs, or NGOs registered by the relevant Government of South Africa authorities
- Must be present and currently working in at least one of the above mentioned districts
- Must have functional bank account for at least 12 months
- Must have functional office with management and decision making structures of the organization
- Must have experience in health education, mobilization, community based programming and ability to mobilize around HIV prevention messages
- Must have sound and demonstrated financial management capacity
- Those with experience in undertaking funding from PEPFAR supported programs are preferred
Interested parties should contact Jhpiego at GrantApplicationsZA@jhpiego.org to receive the full Call for Applications and instructions on how to complete an EOI template.
Questions regarding the expression of interest must be submitted by the 23rd November 2018
EOIs are due to Jhpiego by 27 November 2018, 17:00
NOTE: Jhpiego reserves the right to consider or reject your proposal