HIVSA is an accredited Health and Welfare Sector Training (HWSETA) provider and a strategic partner of the Department of Health (DOH) and the Department of Social Development (DSD) in Gauteng Province, with funding support from USAID and PEPFAR. It has two focus areas: health systems strengthening and community strengthening. HIVSA specializes in designing, implementing and monitoring health and community systems strengthening initiatives and programs to mitigate the negative impact of HIV and create an HIV-free generation.
Scope of work
HIVSA currently has an employee base of approximately 100 employees which is anticipated to grow to approximately 170 over the next few months. The majority of the staff is field based and need to have access to the server for stored records and project documents. The existing IT infrastructure provides the following services and functionality:
- Desktop support
- Daily backups and weekly restores
- Daily server check and routine server maintenance
- Active user directory management
- Daily Anti-Virus updates
- Resolve logged incidents on the helpdesk
- Resolve telephone and network incidents
- Support and maintenance of the finance and HR software systems (e.g. pastel)
- Maintenance of the routine biometric fingerprint access control system
- Network Equipment for both LAN and wireless connectivity such as routers, access points, wireless extension points
- Telecommunication services to connect to the internet and transmit data and voice – Such as Broadband or Fibre Optics
- Computing hardware – Servers (file, mail and database servers) and operating systems like Linux, Microsoft exchange server 2016 up, document management tools, printer server, firewalls, FTP Server software
- Computing platform such as cloud computing.
- Porting of voice numbers
- Assigning of IP blocks
- Assessment of the current IT environment at HIVSA, including server capabilities, as well as the internal and external IT service systems;
- Assess the adequacy of the existing ICT infrastructure for the growing needs of HIVSA as highlighted above;
- Review the current ICT policy and procedures and propose amendments to align to current best practice;
- Review existing software and licensing agreements in light of the above review and present strategic solutions;
- Recommendations on the most viable IT infrastructure and IT environment that meets our needs.
- Recommendations on a Virtual and secure private server which includes back-up and storage.
- A disaster recovery and business continuity plan
- Capacity building and training of HIVSAs internal IT support staff member on Outputs 1, 2 & 3 for onsite support
- Pricing on the provision of a full service IT office package, including but not limited to the above stated items.
Competencies of the bidder
- More than 7 years of experience in the ICT sector
- Proven track record of providing similar services in the last 24 months. Kindly provide names and contact details of 3 recent clients as references
- Certified BBEEE certificate
The successful bidder will be contracted for a 3-year period, with a mid-term performance evaluation which will determine continuation of contract
Submission of proposals
All proposals should be submitted by email to email@example.com by Friday 23 November 2018 at 5pm South African time.
Late submissions will not be considered
Please ensure the subject line states “Application – HIVSA IT infrastructure and support proposal”
To view other opportunities, refer to www.ngopulse.org/group/home-page/other-opportunities