University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Position Vacancy Announcement
Project Name: USAID TB South Africa Project
Position Title: TB Clinical Advisor
Type: Regular/Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
Reports to: Clinical Services Team Lead
Location: National (Pretoria)
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
The USAID TB South Africa Project is five-year contract which builds upon interventions and achievements from URC’s current USAID TB CARE II South Africa and the prior TB Program South Africa. TB CARE II activities supported the South African National Department of Health’s (NDOH) TB prevention and control efforts, working closely with national and provincial partners to close identified gap areas and further develop sustainable systems that can carry forward long-term improvements in TB and drug-resistant (DR) TB diagnosis, care, and treatment services.
The USAID TB South Africa Project is supporting the government of South Africa to further reduce TB infections, with the ultimate goal of ending TB once and for all. To reach this goal, the USAID TB South Africa Project will continue to improve the long-term sustainability of effective TB response systems and improve TB care and treatment for vulnerable populations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the implementation of country-wide scale up of community and facility-based TB/MDR TB treatment programs
- Develop with NTP and other implementing partners strategies for improving the quality of TB services including DR TB services as well as enhancing treatment outcomes
- Strengthen clinical knowledge and experience in the management of TB
- Assist the National TB Control Programme in implementing strategies to prevent TB/ MDR TB
- Initiate and provide technical support and training to district-based management teams and service providers to implement and monitor TB/ MDR TB treatment programs
- Build capacity of project staff, Department of Health (DOH) counterparts and collaborating NGOs in the implementation of interventions to prevent, diagnose and treat TB / MDR TB
- Ensure correct patient management and review clinical decisions while strengthening expertise among health care professionals for TB/DR TB and HIV care
- Work with the National Department of Health to assist in the implementation of TB/ MDR TB monitoring and evaluation tools
- Work with NGOs to implement innovative treatment support and monitoring tools through mHealth technologies
- Assist to design/ implement targeted operations research to assess and improve implementation of TB/ MDR TB programs
- Provide regular monitoring and evaluation reports to the Clinical Services Team Leader
- Medical Degree and Current registration with HPCSA
- MPH would be an advantage
- Minimum 3-5 years working experience in TB control, TB/HIV and DR TB management
- Knowledge of advanced, complex case management would be an advantage
- Knowledge of government guidelines and protocols for TB and DR TB management
- Flexibility to work at several geographical dispersed sites
- A valid driver’s license
- Experience in training, clinical mentoring and supervision
- Skills in program management including institutional capacity building and systems development
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Computer competency
- Willingness to travel between facilities
- Team player
Please send your CV/Résumé, Cover Letter and completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet (link: https://www.usaid.gov/sites/default/files/AID1420-17.doc) to TBSAP@urc-chs.com.
Closing date: 27 November 2018.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 3 months, kindly accept that your application was unsuccessful.
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We value and seek diversity in our workforce.