Autism Western Cape
Autism Western Cape is a nonprofit organisation, based in Cape Town, which serves to support and empower individuals, families, professionals and communities impacted by Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) throughout the Western Cape region. Our services include counselling and psycho-educational support, training, home support and distribution of resources.
Autism Western Cape seeks to appoint Junior Accountant, to be based in Cape Town.
- Ensure compliance with financial policies, procedures and donor requirement
- Draft invoices and follow up on outstanding payments
- Reconciliation of debtor accounts
- Manage and reconcile staff advances
- Capture transactions on Pastel Evolution
- Manage and reconcile bank accounts, credit cards and petty cash
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Process accruals and pre-paid transactions
- Process journals
- Import salaries onto bank from the internal payroll system on a monthly basis
- Capture budgets to Pastel Evolution
- Create Pastel accounts
- Prepare internal and external financial reports
- Prepare full analysis of all balance sheet accounts at each month end
- Provide support to programme staff regarding project budgets and financial reporting
- Assist in the preparation for the annual audit and additional donor specific audits
- Prepare year end schedules and compile other documentation for audits
- Relevant Accounting tertiary qualification
- Minimum of one-year work experience in an accounting environment
- Analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Computer literacy: Specifically, in Microsoft Excel (intermediate level)
- Pastel Evolution would be an advantage
- Ability to use initiative and work under pressure.
- Understanding of accounting principles
- Experience with audit requirements
To apply, submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about Autism Western Cape, refer to www.autismwesterncape.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies