Centre for Communication Impact (CCI)
Grants Finance & Compliance Officer
Centre for Communication Impact (CCI) is a non-profit South African organization based in Pretoria. CCI aims to improve the health and well-being of all South Africans through evidence-based strategic communication programmes. CCI seeks to employ a Grants Finance & Compliance Officer. This position is based in Pretoria.
Purpose of Job: The Grants Finance & Compliance Officer will implement effective financial management systems and procedures within CCI to provide support to the external programme partners to enable the environment for effective financial management systems and procedures in compliance with their contractual agreements.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Conduct assessment on new programme partners
- Assess according to the checklist created to ensure compliance
- Assess the budgeting proposal and advise accordingly
Implement suitable financial systems for the programme partners
- Implement financial systems and procedures like cash flow management, expenditure reports etc.
- Advise and assist in implementing the financial control measures
Monitoring and evaluating financial performance of the external programme partners
- Monthly financial reports submitted by programme partners on the given due date
- Evaluate the financial reports and provide feedback to partners and prepare a combined report for the CCI Management team
Implement the recommended payroll and financial system and registration to statutory bodies for the external programme partners in line with statutory requirement
- Implement an adequate payroll and financial system or the programme partners depending on the size of the employees
- Assist and guide in the registration of the statutory bodies, e.g. SARS, UIF and Skills Levy
Facilitate and assist in the budgeting process for external programme partners
- Plan programme partners’ training budgets, forecast costs and delegate numbers as required by the CCI planning and budgeting systems or process
- Facilitate programme partners Budget process
Conduct Training and development of programme partners
- Develop and implement training modules on relevant accounting systems and rules and regulations applicable
- Facilitate the implementation of the Audit findings recommendations on the CCI agreed programmes
- Develop and update the Fixed Asset Register for the CCI and the external programme partners
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate at management level
- In depth knowledge of document and record control processes and systems
- Administrative and organization skills
- Training skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail, self-directed with the ability to work independently
- Dependable and trustworthy
- Undergraduate qualification in Auditing/Accounting /National Diploma in Auditing/ Accounting
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years Auditing or Accounting experience
- At least 5 years in the NGO sector or developmental funding environment
Applications: Interested candidates to forward their CV’s to the CCI Human Resources Manager, ( email@example.com).
The closing date of this external advertisement is (COB – Monday 19th November 2018.