Flemish Association for Development Cooperation and Technical Assistance (VVOB)
Vacancy: Programme Advisor M&E/CD, VVOB South Africa
To be based in the VVOB office in Pretoria
The Flemish Association for Development Cooperation and Technical Assistance (VVOB) is a non-profit organization which contributes to the improvement of the quality of education in 8 countries around the world. The current VVOB country programme, 2017 – 2021, is addressing school leadership and teaching for diversity to improve the quality of teaching and learning for all children. Partners are DBE, SACE, and the provincial departments of education of Free State and KwaZulu Natal.
VVOB is looking for a Programme Advisor M&E/CD to join the team in Pretoria.
The Programme Advisor is an experienced individual with sound M&E and capacity development background. Preferably with affinity for diversity in learning, teacher development and/or educational leadership.
Together with the Education Advisor CD/M&E s/he develops and coordinates the implementation of an M&E system that facilitates the efficient planning, monitoring and evaluation of programme objectives, results and activities. (S)he actively promotes evidence-based learning within VVOB and takes part in advocacy and networking and carries out research on implementation and impact of VVOB’s programmes in South Africa. Furthermore, s/he will support the Programme Coordinator in Pretoria – who works with DBE and SACE – in implementation of the national related activities. S/he reports to the Programme Manager.
- Assisting VVOB Programme Advisors and partners in monitoring and evaluating programme objectives, results and activities, through development / implementation of an M&E system - This includes capacity development on M&E for VVOB staff and partners and supporting the collection and analysis of data
- Assist with capacity development (CD) strategies and CD methods for provincial and district related activities in consultation with Education Advisors and Programme Coordinators
- Networking and advocacy in events/meetings…and dissemination of M&E findings on different platforms and through different channels
- research on the implementation of professional development trajectories for educators and evaluation of the impact of these at different levels
- Support timely implementation of the programme (planning, developing and facilitating educational capacity development interventions) including supporting the preparation of programme reports and documents as per donor’s requirement
- Support the Programme Coordinator (Pretoria) in implementation of activities with DBE and SACE
- Build and maintain sustainable partnerships with partners and relevant stakeholders
- Contribute to internal and external knowledge development by systemizing lessons learned and pro-actively sharing lessons learned between partners and VVOB team
- Keep abreast of developments in the sector
- South African national, based in Pretoria or willing to relocate (at own cost)
- Relevant Master’s degree or relevant through experience
- Minimim of five years of experience in programme and/or project management preferably in international development cooperation, in particular on M&E
- Experience with networking and communication strategies
- Understanding of the SA education system and recent evolutions related to educational leadership and teacher professional development
- Research experience preferably in the education sector
- Self-starter, willing to work additional hours when required and regularly travel
- Good reporting skills, ICT proficient (Word, Excel and Power Point), fluent written and oral command of English
- Track record of published research is an asset
- Strong facilitation, communication and drafting skills, with the ability to convey varied and complex information to a range of audiences
- Knowledge of and/or experience with gender in education is an asset
- Knowledge and understanding of qualitative and quantitative research/evaluation methodologies and statistical sampling methods is an asset
- Result oriented
- Continuous learning and analytical and synthesizing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 360° Empathy
- Development oriented
VVOB expects the person to start asap, and on or before February 15, 2019 for a period not exceeding the present programme period (12/2021).
Annual salary from ZAR 466,728 CTC or higher depending on relevant work experience, 24 days annual leave, professional development opportunities, study support, support for tuition fee and support for medical insurance.
Supervised by the Programme Manager based in Pretoria.
How to apply
Send your application by email to Wilfried Theunis (Wilfried.email@example.com). Deadline for applications is November 26, 2018, 5 pm.
- CV (including telephone number and email address of 3 references),
- A motivation letter. In your motivation letter address each requirement of the profile and elaborate on how you fit that requirement. Max. 2 pages.
Please note, applications without motivation letter attached cannot be considered.
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
VVOB is committed to providing equal opportunities and practising affirmative action employment.