Position: Financial Planning & Reporting Manager
ActionAid is a leading international organisation, working with over 15 million people in 45 countries for a world free from poverty and injustice. We’re amongst the first few international development organisations with our head office based in Africa. We also have offices right across Asia, the Americas and Europe. We believe the people whose lives our work affects should decide how we’re run. And that’s what makes us different. We help people use their own power to fight poverty and injustice – the Power in People.
Responsible for managing the long term and operational financial planning and reporting for the Federation and the International Secretariat, including aggregated financial reports for the organisation on a quarterly and annual basis and for the review of these reports. The role is responsible to deliver excellent customer support for users of Finance Consolidation and Reporting systems. This position will support the administration, maintenance and further development of the Federation Planning and Reporting consolidation processes in the new Global financial system(GFS). In addition, the role will assist the International Secretariat Finance team and the wider Global Finance Function with report writing and development of reports for the actuals reporting, budget and forecast processes and in maintaining and developing an in-house web-based data collection tool.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Working with Planning, Fundraising, Accountability and other teams, develop appropriate instructions, guidelines, tools and templates for all short, medium and long-term planning exercises
- Review planned financial data from all entities and review variances and performance as appropriate.
- Compile and produce aggregated financial plans and budgets along with commentary for Executive and Board review.
- Develop, document, maintain and improve monthly processes for financial transactions that have an inter-entity element
- Produce timely regular financial organization-wide information to International Fundraising, Programmes and other functions as required.
- Liaise with external auditors and countries to plan and coordinate the annual aggregation and audit processes.
- Work with Planning & Reporting team to ensure the annual report is prepared, audited and finalized in advance of ActionAid’s Global Assembly each year.
- Responsible for providing guidance on technical accounting issues to meet ActionAid International's and international reporting standards.
- Possess a B. Com Degree or Honours Degree and professional accounting qualification or equivalent
- Have at least 6 years accounting experience of finance department management, including process improvement, financial planning and reporting
- Experience working in an international, multi-national organisation
- Strong exposure to SUN Systems and/or other accounting packages with consolidation and aggregations
- Experience of varied accounting environments with a proven track-record of process improvement and implementation of best-practice
- Familiarity with feminist principles and committed to gender issues with a strong focus on women's leadership
- Ability to work in a multicultural context/environment, engage in social justice activism/advocacy and demonstrate innovative practices
If you are interested and meet the criteria, send your CV and motivation cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th November 2018. You are requested to highlight in the motivation letter how specifically you meet the criteria for this role.
In order to be considered for this position, you must be eligible and be able to work in South Africa.
Due to high volumes of applications received, we can only correspond with short listed applicants. Should you not have received feedback on your application within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.