Yabonga Children's Project
Yabonga Children's Project is a Cape Town-based non-governmental organisation supporting people living with HIV. South Africa and operate in twelve township communities around the city. Drawing on family, community and state structures, Yabonga offers a comprehensive model of care for vulnerable children and youth. In providing holistic support, we stimulate healthy emotional, social and academic development, and build capacity to lead productive lives.
Yabonga seeks to appoint a Bookkeeper, to be based in Cape Town.
Start date: January 2019
The purpose of the Bookkeeper is to need to maintain the organisation’s financial records, including payments, receipts, petty cash disbursements and payroll.
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Review postings to the GL for accuracy and timeliness
- Verify the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records
- Track and reconcile bank statements
- Bring the books to the trial balance stage
- Complete tax forms, e.g. VAT201, EMP201, EMP501
- Develop, maintain, and analyse budgets
- Prepare periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs
- Support monthly payroll and keep organized records
- Participate in annual audits
- Proven bookkeeping experience
- Understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Fluency in English
- Computer Literacy: Advanced MS Excel skills (creating spreadsheets and using financial functions)
- Familiarity with accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks or Pastel)
- Degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Organisational and time-management skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to spot numerical errors
To apply, submit your comprehensive CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Should you not hear from us, you may consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about Yabonga Children's Project, refer to www.yabonga.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.