Instill Education is a start-up education organisation with a vision to transform teaching and school leadership across the African continent that works with three innovative school networks (SPARK Schools, Pioneer Academies and Streetlight Schools) to design, develop and rigorously test our teacher training programmes.
Instill Education seeks to appoint a Curriculum Designer, to be based in Johannesburg.
The purpose of the Curriculum Designer, is to work with Instill’s Academic Team to develop a curriculum that can support the instruction of both pre- and in-service teacher development between Kenya and South Africa.
- Research regulatory guidelines for primary and secondary curriculum in Kenya and South Africa
- Collaborate with the Academic Team to set the scope and sequence for Instill's teacher preparation programme and professional development programmes
- Design session plans, assessments, and supporting materials for teacher preparation and professional development courses
- Field test our curriculum by facilitating instruction and/or observing adult learning at Instill training sessions
- Conduct research and attend trainings to ensure our curriculum is aligned with current global best practices in the field
- An Honours degree in Education, Master’s degree preferred
- Five years’ experience in a South African classroom environment (Foundation Phase experience preferred)
- Two years’ experience teaching/lecturing pre-service teachers in a recognised Higher Education institution strongly preferred
- Minimum of one year of curricular and/or instructional design experience (preferably for adult education)
- Experience teaching adult learners and/or coaching/developing teachers
- Breadth and depth of knowledge about relevant curriculum in CAPs, KCPE curriculum, or KCSE curriculum, especially in the fields of literacy and numeracy, language acquisition, Zulu, Afrikaans, Swahili, Life Skills, childhood psychology, and/or Inclusive Education, as well as teaching in a South African or Kenyan context and comparative education
- Organisation, communication, and project management skills
- Demonstrated passion for educational equity
- Visionary designer with a deep passion for education
To apply, submit a one to two page CV and one page cover letter explaining why you’re the right fit for the role and the company to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and the organisation will hire only when we find the right candidate.
As per any new institution, our full accreditation is conditional to us meeting the physical, staffing and infrastructure requirements that the government partners require.
For more about Instill Education, refer to www.instill.education
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies