Tshikululu Social Investments
Tshikululu Social Investments is South Africa’s leading social investment manager, providing a comprehensive service for private sector entities including the FirstRand Foundation, the De Beers Fund and the Anglo American Chairman’s Fund, implementing strategic social investment solutions for the greater good. Tshikululu focuses on identifying and partnering with champions of social change within the education, health and social development sectors.
On behalf of the First for Women Foundation, Tshikululu Social Investments NPC (hereafter referred to as Tshikululu) has an open call for proposals for First for Women Foundation’s Gender Based Violence(GBV) Strategy.
FFW Foundation GBV Strategy:
The root causes of GBV are based in the patriarchal structure of our society, but drivers of GBV exist at all levels: individual, relationship, community and society. The ecological model understands GBV as the outcome of factors at each of these levels. Because of this interconnectedness, single-issue approaches to addressing drivers of GBV can be ineffective or even damaging.
- The objective of the First for Women Foundation strategy is to conduct interventions that focus on three main objectives, i.e.
- Community based prevention of women abuse through school-based training that targets both girls and boys (inclusive of curriculum development)
- Strengthening service within the Justice System through digital tools, advocacy and networking programmes
- Community based response support services for GBV survivors through a holistic service provision, i.e. from trauma to prosecution
Organisations that are registered PBOs who can demonstrably contribute to one or more of the objectives listed above are hereby invited to apply to the First for Women Foundation for funding. Please ensure that your organisation meets the standard criteria for all applicants as stated below:
- Organisations with considerable experience within the GBV sector
- Organisations can demonstrate being able to conduct and support at least one of the objectives
This is a two-stage application process. This call for applications is the primary stage, from which only a select number of applicants will be invited to proceed to the second stage. Should the primary application form fulfil the criteria, a full application form requiring more information will be sent for completion. Please note that funding is never guaranteed. Below is the link to the application:
Phase 1 Application
Any queries should be made directly to email@example.com
Proposals received after the closing date will not be considered.
Tshikululu reserves the right not to award this contract, in whole or in part.
For more about the Tshikululu Social Investments, refer to www.tshikululu.org.za
To view other opportunities, refer to www.ngopulse.org/group/home-page/other-opportunities