Sophiatown Community Psychological Services
Sophiatown Community Psychological Services is a community mental health service targeting vulnerable population groups in the inner city of Johannesburg, as well as in and around Soweto. Sophiatown CPS offers a range of counselling and other psycho-social support services, with a particular focus on children and families whose emotional well-being has been impacted by HIV/AIDS and bereavement; forced displacement and war; violence in the home and the community; extreme poverty; the burden of care; and other forms of economic and social marginalization. Sophiatown CPS is committed to supporting carers and leaders in the wider network of NPOs, in the interest of promoting a value- and ethics driven community of practice.
Sophiatown CPS seeks to appoint a Senior Bookkeeper, to be based in Johannesburg.
Reports to: The Executive Director and the Board of the organization.
The purpose of the Senior Bookkeeper is to manage the organization's accounting system in accordance with statutory and donor requirements. Sophiatown reports to a number of national and international donor agencies and knowledge of the NPO sector as well as the ability to manage and report on diverse funding streams is essential. Annual budget of the organization is R7 Million.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and organizational policies and controls
- Payment of accounts
- Management of petty cash
- Management of the pay roll system
- General accounting services (management of accounts, forecasting, budgeting, reporting on variances)
- Prepare financial accounts and all other records for 6 monthly audits
- Prepare management reports for Board meetings
- Prepare reports for funders
- Keep files and records in accordance with legal requirements
- Maintain leave records for staff
- Accounting Diploma or Degree
- Five years’ experience in the NPO sector
- Demonstrated ability to manage financial accounts
- Competence in accounting management software (Pastel Partner)
- Computer Literacy: MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work independently
- Proven administrative, planning and problem solving skills
- Proven communication skills- both oral and written
- Proven high level of personal integrity
- Genuine interest in and commitment to the work of the organization
- Ability to integrate into a diverse and vibrant team
- Valid driver’s licence
To apply, submit a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more about Sophiatown Community Psychological Services, refer to www.sophiatowncounselling.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies