Community Keepers is a nonprofit company aiming to promote the social and emotional wellbeing of children and youth by providing support services within schools. The Community Keepers multidisciplinary team operates from school-based offices and delivers a variety of services to learners including, assessments, counselling, therapy, life skills programmes, parenting workshops and more.
Community Keepers seeks to appoint a Clinical or Educational Psychologist, to be based in Stellenbosch.
Start date: 07 January 2019
Duration: Part-time basis (6 hours a week, one morning per week from 08:00 – 14:00)
- Assessment of children and youth (5-18 years) which includes individual interviews, obtaining collateral from relevant support systems (parents/guardians, educator, previous schools, etc.), diagnosis and development of a treatment plan
- Individual and group interventions based on treatment plans - Ensuring that the most appropriate intervention is used and the most up-to-date methods of intervention
- Update all administrative processes associated with the clinical process, including clinical notes, organizing files, giving feedback to referrers, etc.
- Facilitate discussions and giving specific input to team members regarding cases
- Development and presentation of parenting sessions to parents/guardians of learners
- Involvement in peer supervision and professional development (case presentations and literature reviews)
- Make an ongoing contribution to the overall goals and development of Community Keepers as an organisation
- M (Clinical or Educational)
- Registered as a clinical or educational psychologist, with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA)
- Academic knowledge and practical experience in Clinical or Educational Psychology
- Knowledge on the development and evaluation of creative approaches to the assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation of the client group
- Quality principles and practise and sound understanding and ability to apply ethical principles
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Verbal, visual and written communication skills
- Must be fluent in Afrikaans
- Must have passion, dedication and commitment towards organisation and the job at hand
To apply, download the application form from our website (https://communitykeepers.org/get-involved/#tab_involved_1) and submit to email@example.com with "Psychologist Stellenbosch " in the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Please note that we do not consider other documentation for applications.
Do not include reference letters or proof of qualifications.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview.
Community Keepers reserves the right to fill this position.
For more information about Community Keepers, refer to www.communitykeepers.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies