Masimanyane Women's Rights International
Established in 1996, Masimanyane Women’s Rights International (MWRI) is an equality and social justice organisation which is locally rooted and globally connected. Masimanyane works to end violence against women and to advance the human rights of women and girls.
Masimanyane seeks to appoint a Bookkeeper to be based in South Africa.
Report to: Organisation’s Accountant
The purpose of the position is to ensure the effective financial management of the organisation
- Record day to day financial transactions and completing the posting process
- Perform self-checks on the posting process to ensure that transactions are recorded correctly in supplier ledger, customer ledger and general ledger
- Process accounts receivable/payable in a timely manner
- Carry out bank reconciliations and creditors reconciliations.
- Produce balance sheets, income statements and other financial documents
- Complete VAT returns
- Report any irregularities in data to management
- Maintain of proper filing system and record keeping
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Proven bookkeeping experience at least five years’ experience
- Understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and accounting software
- Proficiency in English and in Microsoft Office
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Formal qualification in accounting
- Multi- tasker, is reliable, is committed to consistently meeting deadlines and has experience of working with a number of accounting packages
- Proficiency in Pastel Evolution will be an added advantage
- Confidentiality and organisational skills
To apply, submit your application to email@example.com and put "bookkeeper" in the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Masimanyane Women's Rights International, refer to www.masimanyane.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies