The Tomorrow Trust is a nonprofit organisation that aims to assist vulnerable children and youth in being released from the cycle of poverty and becoming self-sustainable individuals who are pro-active contributors to our society and economy. The Programme Team offers integrated academic, career and psycho-social support to students from Grade R - 12 through our Holiday and Saturday School Programmes and to university students through our Post-Secondary (Tertiary) programme.
Tomorrow Trust seeks to appoint a Career Guidance and Support Counsellor, to be based in Johannesburg.
Senior School Career Programme
- Manage, coordinate and facilitate career workshops from Grade 9 – 12
- Design and develop workshop content
- Plan, facilitate and run internal and external Career Days for learners
- Cultivate relationships with various partners in order to provide exposure to additional career experiences.
- Assisting Grade 12s with applications to tertiary programmes and funding opportunities
- CV writing support for learners
- Build relationships with institutions, programmes and resources available to further assist with the career guidance of the learners
Tertiary Career Support
- Manage career-related workshops
- Cultivate relationships with various partners in order to provide exposure to additional career experiences
- Build relationships with institutions, programmes and resources available to further assist with the career guidance of the students
- CV writing support and interview skills preparation for students
- Running of the Vacation Work Programme
- Student Application Management
- Monitoring & Evaluation of all projects
- Ad-hoc administrative jobs and tasks
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree
- One to two years’ experience in providing career guidance to learners and students (Not negotiable)
- Registration as a Psychometrist will be advantageous
- Computer Literacy
- Communication and written skills
- Valid driver’s licence and own transport
To apply, submit your CV, motivational letter and contact details of three current references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
If you have not heard from us within a week of the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more information about Tomorrow Trust, refer to http://www.tomorrow.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies