The Black Sash Trust
The Black Sash mission is working towards the realisation of socio-economic rights, as outlined in the SA Constitution 1996, with the emphasis on social security and social protection for the most vulnerable particularly women and children. We will, in the course of our work, explore options to significantly help to reduce poverty and inequality.
The Black Sash seeks to appoint an Intern, to be based at the Western Cape Regional Office.
Start date: February 2019
End date: June/July 2019
- Provide support to the National Advocacy Manager and the Research, Education and Training Manager in the following areas:
- Ad Hoc desk top research
- Draft document outlines and some basic writing
- Support for events including planning, recording and reporting
- Attend meetings and other events/activities to provide support
- Build an understanding of the human rights context, the struggle for the realization of these rights and how to gather information to support this work
- Develop drafting and editing skills on a number of different types of documents including policy documents, reports, articles and educational materials
- Gain hands-on events experience including planning, running and reporting on events
- Exposure to a number of different types of meetings and events to build knowledge around preparing for meetings, recording and evaluating meetings and events and understanding the purposes of the different meetings and events
- Recent graduate from any tertiary institution
- History of community service
- Command of spoken and-written English and minimum of one other South African language
- Willing to travel (Driver’s license will be advantageous)
- Committed to human rights, access to justice, development and empowerment, with integrity, honesty and respect for confidentiality
- Able to work in a team
- Consultative and embraces the values, vision, strategies and policies of the Black Sash.
- Able to think pro-actively, creatively and responsively
- Prepared to work under pressure and meet deadlines
To apply, submit a motivational letter and CV (one document), including three contactable referees to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 021 686 7168
Enquiries: Mr. JS Marques Tel: (021) 686 6952
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Preference will be given to women in line with our Employment Equity Plan.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Should you not hear from us within a month from the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
A full job description is available on request from the HR Officer.
For more information about the Black Sash, refer to www.blacksash.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies