Calling Education is a nonprofit organisation which aims to provide high quality education at a low fee to children from low-income families. Our first school, Calling Academy Vlaeberg, is situated just outside of Stellenbosch. This all-boys school was opened on 18 January 2018 and we achieved our first years’ target by reaching full capacity with 60 Grade 8 boys. In 2019, we will welcome a new group of 60 Grade 8 learners and plan to take in 90 new learners in the following years, ultimately growing to a school of 450 learners by 2024.
Calling Education seeks to appoint a School Administrator, to be based in Stellenbosch.
The purpose of the position is to direct and oversee all operational activities at Calling Academy Vlaeberg, an all-boys school in Stellenbosch.
Start Date: 7 January 2019
Remuneration: Depending on the qualifications and experience of the successful applicant, in line with Calling Educations’ remuneration structure
Duration: Three to five days per week for 12 months with the possibility of flexible hours, fixed-term (subject to renewal)
The School Administrator will be responsible for the operational management of Calling Academy Vlaeberg in conjunction with the principal. Support the CEO of Calling Education in executing the organisation’s strategy.
- Strategic Planning
- Programme Management
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Financial Management
- Human Resources Management
- Technology, Infrastructure and Administration
- Staff and Volunteer Management
- General Operations
- An appropriate Bachelor or Master’s degree
- Five years of leadership/management/supervisory experience
- Experience in the education field will be advantageous
- Knowledge of and experience in developing and implementing service delivery programmes and successfully achieving the aimed impact and change
- Strong organisational and personal management skills with the ability to prioritise work issues to meet deadlines with minimal supervision and adjust to constantly changing situations while maintaining focus on delivery and follow-through
- Interpersonal communication skills, in written and verbal English.
- Self-awareness, initiative, sound judgement, personal drive and flexibility
- Ability and willingness to work extra hours when necessary
- Proactive, energetic, and innovative working style, with the ability to be flexible
- Demonstrable integrity, idealism and passion, with a self-motivated and positive attitude
- Effective interaction with high school learners
- Must be passionate about education, justice to the poor, be self-motivated and have several years’ of managerial experience
- Ability to represent the Christian values and ethos of Calling Education and a passion for the specific work of the organisation
To apply, submit a CV with three contactable referees and a motivational letter (one page max) to email@example.com with “School Administrator” in the subject line. Do not include reference letters or proof of qualifications.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview.
For more information about Calling Education, please visit http://callingeducation.org.za/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies