Ndifuna Ukwazi is an activist organisation and law centre that promotes the realisation of constitutional rights and social justice through providing organising, research and legal support to working class people, communities and social movements. The Organisation works to advance urban land justice in Cape Town through the protection and expansion of access to affordable housing, supporting tenants’ rights and security of tenure in both private and public housing and building inclusive and sustainable mixed-use and mixed income communities. In 2015, Ndifuna Ukwazi opened its law centre, providing legal services to advance equitable access to land and housing, and other matters of public interest.
Ndifuna Ukwazi seeks to appoint an Attorney to be based in Cape Town.
Salary: A salary commensurate with experience and with Ndifuna Ukwazi’s designated salary bands will be offered
- Legal drafting and litigation
- Advocacy and networking
- Legal research to support litigation, submissions and campaigns
- Consult with individuals and client communities
- Case management
- Provide legal advice and further interventions to support Reclaim the City and its members
- Build and maintain relationships with communities, partner organisations and other stakeholders
- Admitted and practising attorney
- A minimum requirement of one-year post-admission experience
- Strong research and exceptional writing skills
- Proven ability to work well under pressure, independently and as a team member
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to social justice
- Fluency in at least two of Cape Town's three main languages is advantageous (English, isiXhosa and Afrikaans)
- Passionate, Committed and Politically Conscious
To apply, submit a brief CV (including two contactable referees), letter of motivation and sample of written work to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Attorney’’
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Ndifuna Ukwazi is committed to transformation and equity in its recruitment processes.
Only complete applications will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
For more about Ndifuna Ukwazi, refer to nu.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies