Content and Communication Manager – Youth Capital
South Africa is currently wasting the potential of a generation of young people. It’s time to shift gears.
Youth Capital aims to become a dynamic campaign driving solutions for youth employment through fusing young people’s perspectives and evidence-based data into a powerful agenda of action. While the campaign is grounded in an engaged young constituency, it must land with a diverse set of stakeholders to gain traction.
Currently incubated by the DG Murray Trust (www.dgmt.co.za), Youth Capital is looking for a dynamic individual to join the team as a Content and Communication Manager.
Our ideal candidate must be able to conceptualise and execute a clear communications strategy driving both organisational and campaign objectives through diverse platforms such as digital, print, and audio-visual media. Given the nature of the work, they must be comfortable working with technical information, and have the skill to transform it into accessible and interesting products for a variety of channels and audiences.
If you seek to contribute to solving youth unemployment, are able to create and execute clear and innovative communication strategies, and have passion for creating insightful content that drives action – then we need you!
Key responsibilities will include:
- Designing and managing the overall communications strategy for Youth Capital
- Working with the Project Lead and Engagement Manager to develop products, including:
- Workshop training manuals, concept notes, policy and legislative commentary, and newsletters
- Creating content for public and social media channels, including:
- Op-eds, blog posts and articles
- Tweets, facebook posts, Instagram posts
- Supporting the development of workshop facilitation materials for engagements with young people
- Develop an annual publication focused on youth employment in South Africa
To apply please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 November 2018:
- A letter of motivation
- An up-to-date CV (including the details of 3 referees)
- A writing sample (no more than 1 page) from an article, post, opinion piece, report, or publication authored by you