Child Welfare Durban and District
Child Welfare Durban and District is a nonprofit organisation that provides a wide range of services to children, their families and communities in the Durban and Umlazi areas. The Organisation’s core concern is to protect children who are at risk. This includes neglected, abused, abandoned and orphaned children, a large majority of whom are either infected or affected by HIV/AIDS.
Child Welfare Durban and District seeks to employ an Income Development Manager, to be based in Durban.
Salary: R194 000 to R249 000 cost to company, the package is dependent upon qualification and experience
Report to: The Executive Director
- Manage and supervise the day-to-day operation of staff and volunteers assigned to the Income Development team and ensure the attainment of all key performance areas and take appropriate remedial action where necessary
- Provide effective planning, direction, control and evaluation of all income development strategies and plans to achieve fundraising and marketing targets. This includes initiating financially feasible events and programmes, managing an effective fundraising programme that includes the development and submission of proposals for Trusts, Corporates etc. locally and internationally, increasing public awareness and support of the organisation, enhancing donor relations, development of marketing material, annual reports, newsletters and public communications and overseeing the Child Welfare Durban and District website and social media platforms
- Overall management of the charity shop, including the sourcing of stock and management of volunteers in conjunction with the Executive Director and Financial Manager, compile annual budgets, negotiate annual goals, objectives and conduct performance reviews
- Development of organisational documentation related to the Income Development Department such as procedures, guidelines and policies
- Oversee and manage record keeping
- Undertake related duties as assigned
- Qualification in Fundraising and Marketing degree/diploma
- Six to eight years’ experience in fundraising and relevant marketing managerial position.
- Code 08 license with own vehicle
- Command of the English Language
- Planning and communication skills
- Computer literacy and presentation skills
- Ability to manage and update Social Media webpages
To apply, submit your motivational letter and a detailed CV to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
If you have not heard from us within one week of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about Child Welfare Durban and District, refer to www.cwdd.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies