Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered nonprofit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
DTHF seeks to appoint a Data Capturer, to be based in Philippi Village, Cape Town.
The purpose of this position is to capture project-specific data and maintain the database according to Good Clinical Practice (GCP) requirements, for reporting and research purposes in Philippi / Klipfontein / Mitchells Plain area.
This full-time permanent post.
- Accurately enter research data in a timely manner
- Maintain data quality control measures
- Assist with tracking research forms and patient files
- Assist with data administration components
- Maintain a filing system for source documentation
- Assist with the implementation of data management plans
- Perform any administrative tasks as assigned by the Data Manager
- Maintain, enforce and monitor patient confidentiality
- Participate in ongoing Data Management
- Provide management with accurate progress reports on capturing tasks
- Collecting data at Clinics / health facilities
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Minimum of one to two years’ experience in a research administration work environment
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience in data capturing and database management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Communication, interpersonal and strong organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Client service and support
- Result focus
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work part of a team
- Planning and organising skills
- Own reliable transport
To apply, quote Job reference, submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of three (3) current contactable referees to: Attention HR Manager Jobs@hiv-research.org.za Job reference: #DTHF/C047.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only online applications submitted via our job portal will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is committed to equity in our employment practices.
It is Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
I understand and accept that, by applying for this role, I authorise Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation in its capacity as employer, to access my personal information stored, and to utilise said information for recruitment purposes for this role.
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position, attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date, consider your application as unsuccessful.
For more about the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za