Mellon Educate is a non-profit organisation that works in partnership with the South African government to transform under resourced and/or poorly performing schools in South Africa. They do this by working closely with local government and schools to develop and implement programmes that positively impact on the entire school value chain and in particular the improvement of teaching and learning outcomes.
Based in Blackheath, Cape Town, Mellon Educate seeks to appoint a
DIRECTOR OF EDUCATION
To effectively and innovatively implement the Mellon Educate Programme, identifying and co-ordinating the most efficient approach in its rollout.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Implementing research and evaluation methods, systematically measuring the progress being made by the teachers and learners in our schools, and directing any change required for the continued success of the programme
- Reviewing the programme on an ongoing basis, participating in long and short-term development and planning to ensure delivery is both relevant and of a high quality
- Managing the Mellon Educate team of specialists, dealing effectively with day-to-day issues and ensuring performance standards are maintained
- Representing Mellon Educate at local and national level, networking and building partnerships with relevant role players
- Keeping abreast of developments in education locally and internationally in related fields to inform the CEO and Board of Directors
- Submitting regular reports to the CEO and Board
- Working in close co-operation with the fundraising and marketing team to ensure pertinent information is made available including progress reports, data and evaluation of programmes, to ensure the satisfactory reporting to donors as well as to inform fundraising activities
The Director of Education requires in-depth knowledge and experience in the South African education sector. Other requirements for this exciting position include:
- Master’s degree in Education, or equivalent qualification
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in the South African education sector, with a strong understanding of South African policy as it pertains to education
- Good understanding of trends and developments in the education sector, specifically at primary and high school level
- Educational / NGO experience at senior level would be an advantage
- High level of skills in oral and written communications, as well as planning, evaluation and governance
- Excellent leadership qualities with the ability to effectively manage and direct staff
- Experience in the field of philanthropy, not-for-profit management and governance, fund development and community relations would be an advantage.
- Share the values, mission and vision of Mellon Educate which is to provide excellent education to all learners, irrespective of their backgrounds
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Monday 22nd October 2018 to email@example.com