Scripture Union South Africa
Scripture Union (SU) South Africa is a national ministry leading young people to know and walk with God. SU was established in South Africa in 1924 and have a presence in most of our provinces.
Scripture Union seeks to appoint a Finance Director, to be based in Western Cape.
Report to: The General Director
The purpose of the position is to provide leadership and management of all financial accounting, treasury and payroll functions. The Finance Director is responsible for all organisational financial and office management required to ensure the responsible and legally compliant use of financial resources for the organisation.
- Provide effective day-to-day administrative support
- Planning and Budgeting
- Financial Reporting
- Oversee treasury functions
- Manage Payroll
- Manage financial accounting systems
- Manage all tax related issues
- Oversee financial processes
- Asset Management
- Design and manage financial controls
- Manage Auditing Process
- B Com (Honours) / CA
- Minimum of five years’ finance management experience as a senior finance manager
- Knowledge of Accounting Packages e.g. Pastel / IQ Retail
- Knowledge of putting budgets packages together
- Valid driver’s license
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Communication Skills
- Committed Christian
- Strategic and operational planning skills
- Financial management skills
- Experience in the NPO sector will be a distinct advantage, ideally in a Christian ministry environment
- organised, self-motivated and reliable
- Ability to work under pressure
- Interpersonal skills and a good team player
- Written and oral communication skills
- Administrative, organiatiosnal and planning skills
To apply, submit a CV (no more than two pages) and a covering letter to Alan Pitt (Operations Director) on firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header ‘Finance Director’.
- Letter should state why you wish to apply for this role, and what skills you bring to the position
- CV should include your personal contact details, education, qualifications, at least three references with contact numbers, relevant
- Experience and a recent photo of yourself
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about Scripture Union, refer to www.su.org.za