Inkcubeko Youth and Science Centre
The Inkcubeko Youth and Science Centre in Thembalethu, George aims to be a safe space for youth to explore how the world around them works, and to ignite a curiosity and interest in pursuing studies in science, technology, arts, engineering and mathematics.
Inkcubeko Youth and Science Centre seeks to appoint an Office Clerk, to be based in George.
This is a full time position
The purpose of the Office Clerk to perform various administrative and clerical tasks to support our offices.
- Maintain files and records so they remain updated and easily accessible
- Answer the phone to take messages or redirect calls to appropriate colleagues
- Utilise office appliances such as photocopier, printers etc. and computers for word processing, spreadsheet creation etc
- Undertake basic bookkeeping tasks and issue invoices, and log expenses etc
- Take minutes of meetings and dictations
- Assist in office management and organisation procedures
- Monitor stocks of office supplies (paper clips, stationery etc.)
- Assist in making travel arrangements and booking venues for conferences and events
- Perform other office duties as assigned
- Proven experience as office clerk or other clerical position
- Familiarity with office procedures and basic accounting principles
- Working knowledge of office devices and processes
- A fast typist and taking dictations
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Communication skills
- Organisational and multi-tasking abilities
- Drivers licence will be beneficial
- Undertake a variety of activities in the office ranging from filing and answering the phone to basic bookkeeping
- Ability to work diligently to help maintain smooth office operations
- Be reliable and hardworking with great communication skills
To apply submit a CV with References, and Cover Letter to Nadina Nortier Facility Manager at email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
If you have not heard from us within 14 days after closing date, your application was not successful.
Preference will be given to local candidates.
For more about The Inkcubeko Youth and Science Centre, refer to https://www.facebook.com/InkcubekoYSC/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies