SECTION27 is a high-profile nonprofit organisation that uses public interest law and advocacy to protect, promote and advance human rights and social justice. SECTION27 activities include litigation, research and advocacy to advance and promote the rule of law. The Organisation focus on protecting everyone’s right of access to health care services, basic education and sufficient food, as guaranteed by the Constitution.
SECTION27 seeks to appoint an Executive Director, to be based in Braamfontein, Johannesburg.
The purpose of the position is to represent the organisation with, amongst others, government, donors, partner organisations, other stakeholders and society at large. In addition, the Executive Director will be responsible for the successful leadership and management of the organisation according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors.
- Lead and manage of all aspects of the organisation’s programmes and operations, working closely with the Board and other members of the Executive Committee
- Plan, oversight, implement, monitor and evaluate the organisation's programmes
- Build partnerships with relevant stakeholders (including communities, other organisations, media, corporates, government and donors) to ensure its effectiveness and sustainability
- Expand local and international funding to support existing operations and ensure sustainability
- Oversight and monitor staff performance
- Be qualified for the position, with a university degree or equivalent previous experience in a related field
- Minimum of 10 years’ senior management experience, experience working with a Board of Directors, and a proven record of effective leadership and performance in a similar role
- A track record demonstrating knowledge and experience of legal and constitutional advocacy, law and social justice
- An ability to inspire and lead management and staff to meet the high performance levels required to achieve the objectives and overall operational and strategic plans of the organisation
- Proven skills in public relations, communication, networking and fundraising
- Proactive, energetic, and innovative working style, with the ability to be flexible
- Demonstrable integrity, idealism and passion, self-motivation and with a positive attitude
- Written and spoken English
- Proficiency in (or working towards learning) one or more indigenous South African languages is highly recommended
- Be capable of leading a strong and successful organisation and driving the fundraising efforts of SECTION27
To apply, submit a CV accompanied by a motivation as to why you are interested in and suitable for the position to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Note: There is a strong internal candidate under consideration for this position.
Late applications will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies