Lushomo helps its partners share complex or technical information to make a difference in the area of international development, health and environment. Our clients are mainly from the UN and other international agencies. We are looking a new team member to help us manage our multiple projects.
Our role is to come up with information design solutions for our clients – the work we do ranges from the routine through to the fascinating and the creatively challenging. We often work directly with academic researchers and technical experts to share their findings. We have to learn new approaches continually to keep up with this fast-moving field. Your position would not be relaxed or easy, but would be challenging, creative, stimulating and rewarding.
As well as playing a key role in the actual development of products, you will be managing an eclectic team of designers, web developers and researchers, and ensuring that products are high quality, delivered on time and to budget. This job involves a high level of creative collaboration, with frequent meetings to brainstorm, give input and receive feedback. We are a small team so we all do a bit of everything, and that includes figuring out how to evolve our systems to keep our agency succeeding.
You will have to be resilient, resourceful, and able to deal with pressure. You will have at least a Master’s degree in communications, social sciences, international development or a related field.
This is a full-time post, working from our office in Sea Point, with around five of us full time and several regular freelancers. Although we are looking for a full-time team member, we are continually looking for freelancers, so if you are not available full-time, please don’t let that hold you back from getting in touch – we’d love to hear from you!
The successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Master’s degree in communications, social sciences, international development or a related field
- A background in international development, health or environment
- Calm under pressure and resourceful
- Experience in managing projects to budget and within tight timeframes
- An interest in design, especially graphic and digital design
- Organisational and managerial skills. You will be working with other team members from diverse backgrounds and often remote locations and timelines are often tight.
- Very precise in checking documents and graphics.
- A passion for squeezing the story out of research, evidence and data.
- Flexible and a good team player – we do great work by allowing ideas to emerge through non-linear processes. Sometimes this can look like somewhat chaotic.
To apply, submit a detailed CV, covering letter and names of three contactable references including email contact to email@example.com
For more information on the type of work we do, visit our website www.lushomo.net
Location: Sea-Point, Cape Town