The Haven Night Shelter Welfare Organisation
The Haven Night Shelter Organisation is a non-governmental organisation that works to help get the homeless to a home. The Haven Night Shelter Organisation’s method is to make temporary shelter, rehabilitation opportunities, social welfare services, family reunification services, physical care and support available to adult people living on the streets who are committed to reintegration.
The Haven Night Shelter seeks to appoint a Social Auxiliary Worker, to be based in Western Cape.
Salary: R 5 730 per month
- Responsible for the initial intake of clients including their safety and care, basic life skills and psychosocial education groups and client representation
- Assist the Social Worker in drawing up and rolling out of the annual social work service delivery plan and quarterly reports, group and community work, pension and general administration, shelter and staff, public relations
- Social Auxiliary Work Certificate
- Code 08 drivers licence
- Ability to interact with clients from different cultures and religions
- Manage conflict situations
- Computer literacy Microsoft Office (Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to work as a team player
- No criminal record, be in good health and experience in the NGO sector will be an advantage
- Proof of current registration with the SACSSP (Proof of payment is not sufficient)
To apply, submit your two pages CV and motivational letter to the HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Social Worker Haven- Kalk Bay" in the subject line
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Note if all the relevant documentation (CV or motivational letter) is not attach to your application will not be considered it is also of utmost import that applicants indicate for which Shelter they apply for.
If you don't receive a response from us within two weeks of closing date, consider your application as unsuccessful.
For more about the Haven Night Shelter Welfare, refer to www.haven.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies