The Haven Night Shelter Welfare Organisation
The Haven Night Shelter Organisation is a non-governmental organisation that works to help get the homeless to a home. The Haven Night Shelter Organisation’s method is to make temporary shelter, rehabilitation opportunities, social welfare services, family reunification services, physical care and support available to adult people living on the streets who are committed to reintegration.
The Haven Night Shelter seeks to appoint a Nursing Sister, to be based in Cape Town.
Salary: Negotiable between R 17 000 to R 22 000 per month
This is a permanent post
- Ensure that prescribed medication is administered correctly and timorously and within the guidelines of the Nursing Scope of Practice
- Ensure that staffs perform their duties in accordance with policies and duties and their individual contracts of employment
- Record doctors instructions
- Write day or night report
- Handle residence complaints in the correct manner
- Mentor learners on internships and learnerships
- Ensure that the catering department is aware of all special dietary requirements and supervises the serving of all meals on the shifts to ensure compliance with these
- Matric / Nursing Sister and SANC registered
- Minimum of three years’ in General Nursing experience and at least one year experience in Geriatric Nursing
- Well-spoken and neat presentation
- Ability to communicate well with elderly
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work under pressure and as a team
To apply, submit your two pages CV and motivational letter to the HR Manager email@example.com quoting "Registered Nurse Haven Old Age Home" in the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Note if all the relevant documentation is not attach to your application it will not be considered.
For more about the Haven Night Shelter Welfare, refer to www.haven.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies