SA-EU Dialogue Facility
SA-EU Dialogue Facility: Website Design, Development and Maintenance Bid
Open for application: 02/10/2018
Deadline: 12/10/2018 at 12h00 am (noon)
Presentations by shortlisted providers: Tuesday 16 October in Pretoria
Contract type: Service Level Agreement (18 months with option for extension)
The SA-EU Dialogue Facility invites bids to redesign its old website and design and populate the SA-EU Strategic Partnership website.
Applications should be submitted to Ms Nellie Khumalo via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday, 12 October 2018 at 12h00.
Shortlisted service providers will be required to make 30min presentation on previous work subject to interviews.
The detailed Terms of Reference can be downloaded from our website, under alerts: www.dialoguefacility.org
We will choose a service provider on Tuesday 16 October 2018. The assignment will commence at the service provider’s earliest convenience, no later than 18 October 2018.
About the SA-EU Strategic Partnership
In 2007 SA and the EU established a Strategic Partnership (SP), and following the acceptance of a Joint Action Plan (JAP) in 2007, that facilitates co-operation between South Africa and the EU, South Africa has become one of the European Union's 10 Strategic Partners and the only one in Africa. The JAP promotes a programme of "dialogues" by means of which experience is shared in areas of common interest and strategies are developed to overcome shared challenges across a wide range of fields (social, economic, cultural, etc.).
About the Dialogue Facility
The Dialogue Facility project is an instrument supporting the SA-EU Strategic Partnership by giving it a human face through people-to-people dialogues and other related interventions, including communication, visibility and awareness-raising activities.
Why the appointment
The main purpose of this assignment is to provide quality and regularity of information updates on the SA-EU Strategic Partnership/Dialogue Facility website to support the PMU in the attainment of the outputs and indicators of the Financing Agreement, under Result 4. A website for the Dialogue Facility exists. The assignment would take into account the migration of existing content into the new Content Management System.
The intended users of the website include the following:
- South African Government
- Public sector (organizations that are owned and operated by the government and exist to provide services for citizens)
- Chapter 9 Institutions (State institutions that support constitutional democracy)
- Civil Society (Citizens of South Africa)
- Civil Society Organisations (Organisations that exist to fulfil a specific mandate originating from a need in society)
- The Media (South African and Foreign media based in SA)
- Private Sector and related business institutions and organisations
- European Union stakeholders (from an accountability and reporting perspective)
Content for website
The SP will propose which CMS to use and why? The website content will include at least:
- Interactive, appealing, highly user-friendly and responsive web design
- Average site load-time should be reasonable, taking into account internet speed available
- User-friendly site search engine
- Able to render appropriately on a wide variety of different browsers, optimised for tablet and smartphones, and remote places (low connection)
- Content Management: The solution should allow authorised project staff or appointed personnel to edit and update the website including the ability to create, remove, edit and publish content
- Social Network Integration
- Site Statistics/Management Reports: The solution should provide authorised users with a number of relevant reports, for example user registration, site usage, key interests/topics being discussed within the collaborative spaces and other relevant statistical data
Features of the website (the detailed functionality will be discussed during the inception phase of the assignment):
- Home page with a graphic element giving an overview of the SA-EU Strategic Partnership and its main components
- Events calendar and pages
- Search functionality
- Social media
- Google analytics
- Search function by news, type of publication/guidance, type of resource, events, partnership/dialogue story and issue
- Interactive image galleries to illustrate the Partnership and its partners’ activities
- Links to other relevant websites
What we are looking for (eligibility criteria)
Required Skills and experience
- Be a reputable firm with at least 4 years of prior experience designing visually appealing and navigation friendly web sites
- Familiarity and relevant experience in using different Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Have a broad knowledge of current web development technologies and design tools in the field, and new software and other web programming languages and programs including use of HTML, XHTML, CSS, XML, XSLT, Macromedia Flash, Java
- Have excellent knowledge of recent trends in graphic design, websites, including online video publishing, and social media networking
- Demonstrate the ability to create innovative, responsive and visually appealing design
Key professional staff qualifications and competence needed for the assignment:
- Experience in innovative and creative website design, development and maintenance
- Experience in developing in common and widely used open source platforms such as Drupal, Joomla, WordPress, etc.
- Understanding of End Users’ needs to match with adequate technical solutions
- Strong track record in web site design, security and administration,Google analytics
- Search Engine Optimization
- Experience of website design, development and maintenance experience in South African EU funded projects will be considered a strong advantage
Kindly submit your full costed proposal (which should include design, development and set-up costs as per ToR plus separate 18 month maintenance and support component) and 3 contactable references for work done to email@example.com by Friday, 12 October 2018 at 12h00.