Small Projects Foundation
Small Projects Foundation (SPF) is a non-governmental organisation (NGO), that aims at achieving the development of individuals, families and communities who are committed to their own growth and development.
SPF seeks to appoint a Community Mobilisation Officer to be based in East London, Eastern Cape.
Start date: 1 November 2018 to 28 Feb 2019 (maternity leave cover)
The purpose of the position is to lead the community mobilisation for the behaviour change programming and ensure the Bumb’Ingomso interventions are properly introduced and well received in the communities by all relevant stakeholders including the young women and girls who are the primary target group
- Community Mobilisation
- Stakeholder relationships management
- Programme implementation and support
- Marketing Advocacy and Lobbying
- Team support and mentoring
- Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Relevant Degree or Diploma (M+3)
- Minimum of two years’ experience in community development field
- Knowledge of the Buffalo City Metro landscape and geography
- Communication skills able to operate professionally and effectively at all levels
- Project Management and Report writing skills
- Interpersonal skills: the ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language difficulties
- Communications (oral and written English), presentation, interpersonal, networking skills, influencing and negotiating skills for engaging with a wide variety of contacts
- Administration and organisational skills and ability to optimise independent use of time against variable workload
- Ability to work in a team, both as participant and leader
- Ability to facilitate, maintain and manage good working relationships between staff, volunteers, partners, and donors
- Ability to develop fresh approaches and innovate as appropriate
- Event planning, organisation and management experience
- Computer literacy
- Valid driver’s license
- Xhosa language proficiency
To apply, submit your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
If in the event that you do not hear from the organisation within two weeks of closing date, assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Small Projects Foundation withholds the right not to fill this position.
For more information Small Projects Foundation, refer to www.spf.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies