The WDB Trust
Job Title: Research Practitioner (1 year fixed term contract)
Business Unit: Knowledge Management
Region: Head Office – Illovo, Johannesburg
Reports To: Knowledge Manager
To manage and coordinate internal and external research work and projects across The WDB Trust provide specialist guidance and advice to the business.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Conduct research landscape, advise on findings of previous research undertaken and on methodologies for prospective research projects
- Manage internal research projects, advise and guide planning to conduc their own research
- Lead the proposal preparation process for projects including identifying potential project team members and the drafting of research proposals
- Design research instruments according to project specifications
- Oversees the data collection for commissioned studies
- Analysis data for analysis by coding, recording of data and ensures data integrity. Report writing and presentation of findings to clients and stakeholders.
- Develop, communicate and implement monitoring and evaluation (M&E) compliance procedures
- Monitor and analyse business performance based on a M&E framework, communicate this to the business and make appropriate recommendations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Grade 12
- A 3-year Degree in Business or Social Sciences and
- A post-graduate study would be an added advantage
- 3 to 5 years’ relevant research experience
- Experience in establishing effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Familiarity with initiating research initiatives
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Excellent command for English and vernacular languages
- Analytical thinking and decisive judgement
- Strong interpersonal skills and assertiveness
- Able to work as part of a team and ability to work under pressure
- Time management and ability to manage conflicting priorities
NB: Frequent domestic road and air travel including Frequent site visits
To apply please send your CV’s to email@example.com
Closing date: 19 October 2018
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.