Home from Home Trust
Home from Home Trust, a registered Cluster Foster Care Scheme, established by two Founding Trustees who have a passion and dedication to make a difference in the lives of vulnerable children, provides supported and supervised community based foster care for orphaned, abused and neglected children through a network of small family homes located around the Cape metropole and surrounding areas.
Home from Home seeks to appoint a Programme Manager, to be based in Cape Town.
Report to: Executive Director
The purpose of the position is to coordinate and implement the Home from Home programme strategies and to manage a multidisciplinary team.
- Represent Home from Home at various forum meetings and strengthening stakeholder relationships
- Plan and agree programne activities and budget compilation
- Monitor expenditure and the achievement of objectives
- Oversight of all programme activities and quality assurance of implementation
- Ensure consistency of programme frameworks across all metros i.e. record keeping, systems etc
- Manage and motivate a team of 6 inclusive of monthly supervision sessions
- Oversee recruitment and selection of Foster Mothers and Relief Assistants
- Oversee the child admissions process
- Ensure cluster foster care legal and reporting compliance with particular reference to the Department of Social Development
- Be a registered Social Worker with at least eight years’ senior management experience
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of the social work profession
- Knowledge of the Children's Act, norms and standards
- Proven ability to manage and motivate staff
- A collaborative management approach and a willingness to engage with and learn from others
- Proven experience of working in partnership with the Department of Social Development
- Ability to develop good working relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Previous experience in evaluating impact assessment of monitoring and evaluation systems an added advantage
- Ability to carry high workload and work under pressure
- Written and spoken English. (Fluency in Afrikaans and/or isiXhosa an advantage through not essential)
- Computer literacy
- Valid driver's licence
To apply, submit a comprehensive CV together with a cover letter that outlines how you fit the job requirements as well as the names and contact details of at least three recent referees to Margie@homefromhome.org.za
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Further correspondence will only be entered into with those under consideration for the role.
For more about Home From Home, refer to www.homefromhome.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies