Bertha Centre for Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship
APPLY FOR A BERTHA SCHOLARSHIP
Bertha Scholarships are offered annually to innovators, entrepreneurs, out-of-the-box thinkers, system-entrepreneurs, change-makers, social activists and cross-disciplinary candidates from any field provided they are actively involved in the exploration of social, environmental and/or economic justice using innovative approaches.
The Bertha Centre for Social Innovation & Entrepreneurship, a specialised centre at the UCT Graduate School of Business (GSB), aims to diversify the MPhil and MBA classes at the GSB, by enabling scholars who might not have been able to study at the institution, investing in their journey to increase their social impact.
The Centre recognises the systemic impact of nurturing cross-disciplinary/sector relationships and networks. Therefore we are committed to growing the Scholar Community and building an active Alumni Community across the continent. Bertha Scholars will join a Community of nearly 100 Scholars and Alumni who make up a mutually supportive and resourceful network of change-makers.
We urge you to share this opportunity with your networks, and encourage colleagues and friends who you feel fits the description above, and eligibility criteria below to apply.
APPLY & ENQUIRE HERE.
Applications for 2019 programmes are as follows:
- MPhil programme application deadline, 15 November 2018.
- MBA (full-time & modular) programme application deadline, 15 November 2018.
- Bertha Scholarships application deadline, 15 November 2018.
CRITICAL ELIGIBILITY CRITIERIA TO BE AWARE OF
- You met the admission requirements of the UCT GSB business school for your selected course of study.
- You are an African citizen or permanent resident.
- You are an entrepreneur who has started/worked with a social/green/entrepreneurial innovative idea that seeks social and/or economic change.
- You are an intrapreneur who has worked on advancing social justice and pioneering inclusive opportunities through social innovation within an organisation.
- You demonstrate strong leadership qualities within your field.
- You have a track record of social justice, innovation and entrepreneurialism.
- You have the character and demonstrable capacity to indicate that the scholarship will catalyse the trajectory of your career.
HEAR FROM OUR SCHOLARS
Watch our explainer scholarships video, and hear from two Bertha Scholars.