Pact, an international NGO based in Pretoria, seeks to employ a Provincial Programme Officer, up to September 2019 to support its USAID Funded Government Capacity Building and Support Programme (GCBS).
Provincial Programme Officer - eThekwini, KZN
The Programme Officer will provide oversight, mentorship and supervision services for Department of Social Development Service Points, NPOs and GCBS Social Workers in support of the Government Capacity Building and Support programme goals and objectives.
- Actively participates in the management and oversite of the design, planning and implementation of GCBS programme activities within allocated district
- Provides inputs into the development of a detailed provincial and district specific workplan and schedule of deliverable in line with provincial priorities and priorities within the GCBS workplan
- Working closely with DSD service point managers and supervisors develop mentorship and support plans, including in-service trainings
- To provide weekly supervision, support and oversight to GCBS social workers assisting them in developing monthly work plans to ensure the implementation of key GCBS programme activities.
- Ensure that the following activities under the GCBS work plan are addressed:
- Capacity support for NPOs
- Case Management interventions across both service point and NPOs
- Implementation of the PEI Core Package of Services
- Implementation of Child Protection Interventions
- Development of partnerships and active referrals for HTS
- Roll out of Social Behaviour Change Communication programmes
- Activation of foster care caseloads
- To provide overall supervision, mentoring and guidance to social workers supporting programme implementation
- Support in planning and roll out of GCBS data collection processes
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work;
- 5 years of relevant experience in social work supervision; within the child protection sector would be preferable
- 2 years of relevant experience in management
- Previous experience working with or within the South African Government, preferably at DSD or similar agency is preferable;
- Fully computer literate
- Must be fluent in English and any local indigenous South African languages;
- Must be registered with the South African Council for Social Service Professionals;
- Should be in possession of a valid driver’s license and own car
Only applicants possessing the prescribed minimum qualifications and experience are invited to submit their electronic CVs and application letters with a subject line “Provincial Programme Officer” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 17 October 2018
Pact reserves the right to verify all information provided by candidates including credit rating. Please note that correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only and if you do not hear from us within 3 months, kindly accept that your application was unsuccessful.