Lalela provides arts education to at-risk youth to spark creative thinking and awakening the entrepreneurial spirit. Lalela is at the forefront of Art education in South Africa and is searching for a full time Creative Art Facilitator to join our new project at Happy Valley Primary School in Blue Downs, Cape Town.
Lalela seeks to appoint Visual Art Facilitators, to be based in Cape Town:
- Facilitate educational art workshops focusing mainly on visual arts
- Build strong relationships with schools, parents and other NGO’s working at the school, supply proof of strong networking skills and to be able to facilitate creative art workshops to learners from grades 1 to 7
- Manage and execute the day-to-day operations of the workshops, student attendance, supplies, expenditure, custodial, security, safety and transportation of learners
- Plan and execute School Holiday Programmes and independent Lalela events, which includes the management of venues, volunteers, transport, material, etc
- Manage workload and administrative responsibilities, Facilitators contribute to the MEL system developed by Lalela by keeping meticulous record of student profiles, artwork with an ability to manage ongoing administrative workloads
- Have strong knowledge of facilitation methodology
- A diploma / degree in Visual Art Education and/or Fine art or relevant diploma in the creative art or design industry. (Candidates need to be able to draw, as they will be teaching drawing and basic elements of visual art and design to learners.) This is not a performing arts or dance position
- Minimum of two years’ previous visual art teaching / facilitation (South African) experience essential
- Must reside in Cape Town
- Prior (South African) work experience in the youth development sector is advantageous
- Previous work experience in the (South African) NGO or Youth Development sector advantageous
- Computer literacy Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and social media essential)
- Must have own vehicle with driver’s license, candidate without their own vehicle or license will not be considered
To apply, submit your CV, a motivational letter and current contactable references to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
If Lalela does not contact you, assume that your application was not successful.
No direct telephonic contact or personal correspondence will be acceptable.
Candidates without relevant diploma or degree will not be considered.