JobStarter - Learning Manager
We are looking for an experienced training and development manager to devise our e-learning training strategy, oversee its implementation and assess its outcomes. You will identify training and developmental needs and drive suitable e-learning initiatives that will ensure our users get the most value in the search for work and training opportunities.
As a Learning manager and curriculum developer, you will have backgrounds in business, human resources, development and education.
- Identify and assess future and current training needs.
- Draw an overall e-learning and development plan that addresses needs and expectations
- Monitor and evaluate module effectiveness and report on them
- Manage development budget
- Resolve any specific problems and as necessary
- Maintain a keen understanding of e-learning trends, developments and best practices
- Work alongside Marketing in ensuring all programmes comply with Jobstarter CI.
- To design, develop and deliver innovative online learning and assessment solutions.
- Technical skills to manage Learning Management System (LMS).
- Developing online training content and assessments.
- Manage LMS functionality and configuration; recommend and oversee the implementation of enhancements and upgrades to the LMS.
- Manage supplier relationships
- Proven work experience as a learning manager
- Track record in designing and executing successful learning programs
- Familiarity with traditional and modern learning methods
- Excellent communication
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
- Strong writing and record keeping ability for reports
- Good computer and database skills
- Degree in education, human resources or relevant field
The suitable candidate will be proactive, persistent, driven, enthusiastic and committed to developing cutting edge quality work. He/ she will be highly organised and have an eye for detail.
This is a 12-month contract. Salary negotiable based on skills and experience. The position is based in Johannesburg. The position may require domestic travel, possibly for extended periods of time.
Start date: 01 November 2018.
Interested candidates should send a short letter of motivation, CV, and the names and contact details of three references by email to email@example.com. Add “Jobstarter – Learning Manager” in the subject line of the email. Closing date for applications is 05 October 2018.