Jembi Health Systems NPC
Jembi Health Systems is an African non-governmental organisation focusing on the advancing of the area of Global Health through the correct use and implementation of Health Systems and Information.
Jembi Health Systems seeks to appoint a Senior Software Engineer, to be based in Duran.
Remuneration will be negotiated in accordance with the qualifications and experience.
The position is a one-year contract position that may be renewed for a further defined period if funding is secured.
The Senior Software Engineer will work on a number of projects, with a focus on health systems such as an EMR (Electronic Medical Record), interoperability and data exchange between these systems.
- Understanding of web technologies and protocols
- Experience as a senior software engineer, with the ability to mentor a development team
- Coding skills and understanding of software design patterns and architecture
- Use of Agile development practices
- Experience in relational database development (with a focus on MySQL)
- Ability to take ownership of the software deliverables and work unsupervised by other senior developers
- Responsibility for risk management of the overall software product
- Mentorship of other software engineers
- Experience in the public health sector
- Previous work with Electronic Health Record systems
- NoSQL database development
- Experience with Portuguese since working with team in Maputo
To apply, submit your application to email@example.com include a comprehensive CV, and letter of motivation. Use the recruitment reference number when applying for the post: JEM/DBN/-CDC-5
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive.
Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organisation.
All new Jembi positions are linked to specific project funding and include a three-month probationary period.
There is no guarantee the advertised position will be recruited as it will depend on funding being place and the candidates applying meeting the criteria required to fill this position.
Preference will be given to SA citizens and permanent residents.
Applicants with work visas must possess visas which will permit them to work for Jembi Health Systems.
In evaluating prospective applicants and making the final selection, consideration will be given to Jembi Health Systems Employment Equity objective.
Jembi Health Systems is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regards to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programmes, or activities.
For more about Jembi Health Systems, refer to www.jembi.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies