FLOURISH PROGRAMME LEAD
Grow Great, a campaign aimed at galvanizing South Africa towards achieving zero stunting by 2030 is recruiting for the programme lead for Flourish- its newly launched national social franchise of antenatal & postnatal classes.
Stunting is a condition that arises from prolonged under-nutrition and it affects physical and brain development. It’s deﬁned as shortness in height for a child’s age and it can only be diagnosed by comparing the child’s measurements to standardized growth charts. 1 in 4 of South Africa’s children under the age of ﬁve years old are stunted. Stunting robs young children from reaching their full potential. Stunted children on average perform worse at school than their non-stunted counterparts, are more likely to be unemployed as adults, are at higher risk of getting diseases like diabetes and hypertension and are vulnerable to being trapped in inter-generation- al cycles of poverty. This is unjust as stunting is completely preventable. Using data to mobilise policy makers, stories to inspire the public, communities of practice to support health practitioners and mom & baby classes to support parents, the Grow Great campaign seeks to galvanise South Africa towards a future where no child is unjustly denied the opportunity to reach their full potential.
The Flourish Programme Lead will have:
- A postgraduate university degree.
- At least 5 years work experience.
- Great project management skills.
- Great people skills.
- Experience taking projects to scale.
- An entrepreneurial mindset rooted in social justice.
- A strong sense of opportunity and enterprise
- The drive to achieve and demonstrate exceptional performance
- A willingness to travel extensively across South Africa
The Flourish Programme Lead will be responsible for:
- Successful implementation of a national social franchise of antenatal & postnatal classes.
- Supporting the design, development and implementation of strategies that successfully generate demand for the national network of antenatal and postnatal classes.
- Ensuring that antenatal & postnatal class curriculum remains aligned to best practice and the latest evidence and that the delivery method excites and afﬁrms mothers and franchisees.
- Oversight of the recruitment, training, support and retention of franchisees throughout the country.
- Oversight of monitoring & evaluation of antenatal and postnatal classes.
- Supporting the successful implementation of the wider Grow Great Campaign goals.
All roles are based in Midrand, Gauteng. Interested applicants are to send a CV and 1 page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Friday, 05 October 2018