Grow Great, a campaign aimed at galvanizing South Africa towards achieving zero stunting by 2030 is looking to recruit a ﬁnancial accountant.
Stunting is a condition that arises from prolonged under-nutrition and it affects physical and brain development. It’s deﬁned as shortness in height for a child’s age and it can only be diagnosed by comparing the child’s measurements to standardized growth charts. 1 in 4 of South Africa’s children under the age of ﬁve years old are stunted. Stunting robs young children from reaching their full potential. Stunted children on average perform worse at school than their non-stunted counterparts, are more likely to be unemployed as adults, are at higher risk of getting diseases like diabetes and hypertension and are vulnerable to being trapped in inter-generation- al cycles of poverty. This is unjust as stunting is completely preventable. Using data to mobilise policy makers, stories to inspire the public, communities of practice to support health practitioners and mom & baby classes to support parents, the Grow Great campaign seeks to galvanise South Africa towards a future where no child is unjustly denied the opportunity to reach their full potential.
The ﬁnancial accountant will have:
- A University degree
- At least 3-5 years work experience
- Excellent accounting skills
The ﬁnancial accountant will be responsible for the following:
- Manage the bi-weekly payments cycle, including loading payments for release on internet banking and preparing the supporting documentation
- Manage the petty cash including reconciliation and allocation thereof
- Perform bankreconciliations
- Prepare quarterly cash ﬂow forecasts and ﬂag any cash shortfalls inadvance
- Ensure all project assets are adequately insured (via DGMT policies)
- Maintain a register of project assets
- Ensure that all costs borne by DGMT (salaries, rent, and overheads) are accurately recorded and refunded on a quarterly basis
- Process the cash books
- Ensure income and expenses are allocated to the correct accounts
- Process and reconcile control and suspend accounts
- Full reconciliation of accounts and cash ﬂows on a monthly basis
- Prepare monthly management reports, including an income statement, balance sheet and cash ﬂow
- Prepare the annual budget and monitor performance against the budget as part of the ﬁnancial reporting process
- Maintain a schedule of all funding received to date, project expenditure and funding due.
- Maintain the internal control framework for the project and monitor compliance by project members.
- Raise grants payable in accordance with approved grant agreements/schedules
- Prepare and process grant payments
- Allocate grant payments against the relevant supplier/grantee
- Prepare a grants ageing analysis on a monthly basis
- Maintain a schedule of supplier and contractor payments due and ensure that all contractors are paid timeously.
All roles are based in Midrand, Gauteng. Interested applicants are to send a CV and 1 page cover letter to email@example.com
Applications close on Friday, 05 October 2018